Hydrogen Product Engineer
About the Company:
This is a start-up company that has developed a technology that allows a manufacturer to use heat from their own processes to generate usable hydrogen. They currently have about 15 employees and will be growing to about 30 employees by 2023. This is a great role for someone who likes to be a part of building something – you will wear a lot of hats, you will work your creativity muscle constantly, and you will have to make do on limited resources, but the potential payoff here is also significant.
What You Will Do:
This is the type of role that will straddle both business development/sales as well as engineering. This person will be integrally involved in helping potential customers figure out how this company’s technology can work with their existing operations (and save them money!) as well as helping potential customers figure out the size of the system that is needed to meet their requirements. This person will then take that information back to the in-house engineers and help figure out the overall design of the system, help to specify and size the equipment, and then on delivery, oversee installation, start-up and commissioning. To summarize, this role is involved with everything from the sales side of the business through engineering and to delivery.
What You Can Look Forward To:
As a relatively young company – the leaders have focused a lot on the culture they are creating. Several people have described this as a fun place to work; the team is tight-knit and everyone gets along with one another. There are no jobs that are ‘beneath’ anyone and they frequently put their heads together to solve problems. They have flexible work hours and the mindset is that everyone does their part and gets their work done. This is a company that is quickly growing and there is a lot coming up quickly on the horizon, including their next funding round which will be significant.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering preferred, but open to others
- 7+ years of experience out of hydrogen technology – that could be with one of the big industrial gas manufacturers or with a company using hydrogen technology in some way, but previous experience working with hydrogen technology in some way, is a requirement
- A perfect candidate for this position would have a balance of process design (putting together preliminary P&IDs/PFDs, sizing/specifying equipment, doing heat/mass balances and/or process simulation) and hands-on, in-plant process engineering experience. A potential candidate for this role should have at least some of both
- For this role, people skills are a must-have. Previous experience working with outside customers would be ideal, but in general, someone who likes working as a member of a team, who is adaptable likes to constantly switch hats between external-facing responsibilities and internal-facing responsibilities
- Travel for this position will average about 15-20%, sometimes going as high as 25%. Most trips will be for 2-3 days at a time.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields