Sr. Accountant / Financial Reporting
$95,000 - $110,000 / yr
Reporting to the Director, Consolidations and Financial Reporting, the role is considered a highly visible role within our company. The role will be an essential member of the Controller’s team, providing financial reporting (internal and external), technical accounting, financial policy, process and control expertise to the organization. The Controller’s group interacts closely with other members of the organization including Accounting operations, Corporate FP&A, Finance, Financial Shared Service, Investor Relations, Tax, Legal and external auditors to ensure accurate financial reporting/disclosures and full compliance with all external standards.
Key Job Activities:
- Support various consolidation activities including review of subsidiary financial statement and supplemental date monthly submissions; preparation of consolidate cash flow; update and maintain various balance sheet roll-forwards; support and prepare various consolidation adjustments, monitor and analyze and resolve inter-company discrepancies, compile and review various government related reports
- Support the project management of the Legal Entity Control Committee in collaboration with local finance, tax, treasury and legal regarding various transactions in support of legal entity structure and financing transactions.
- Supporting project management, preparation and review of all external reporting with the SEC including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (Earnings Release).
- Participate and responsible for certain specialty accounting areas (e.g. debt/financing, stock-based compensation, legal and environmental contingencies, etc.) including month close tasks (journals, reconciliations, internal controls, etc.), partnering with Finance on plan/forecast, internal/external audit and final/external reporting requirements.
- Support timely completion and compliance of international statutory reporting and audit requirements. Collaborate with the international accounting teams and/or joint venture teams, as applicable to ensure compliance with reporting deadlines, support with identification of US GAAP differences, and matters that will impact disclosures
- Maintain SOX and other required documentation to support the Company’s internal control environment and satisfy internal and external audit requirements.
- The role will work to drive the integrity, accuracy and transparency of our controllership commitments and identify and implement sustainable process and control improvements.
- Bachelors degree in accounting and/or related education
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in accounting, reporting and finance roles/activities of increasing responsibility in public accounting and/or corporate finance/accounting
- Experience in a more than $0.25 billion, multi-national company
- Must possess knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively.
- Have a desire and flexibility to learn new things
- Certified Public Accountant designation (preferable)
- Public company experience (preferable)
- Experience with SEC reporting tools such as Workiva (preferable)
- Experience with consolidations tools – SAP/BPC or equivalent (preferable)
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields