Solutions Architect – MES – Digital Technology
Our client is a fast-growing metals company that strives to be on the cutting edge.
We are working with them in recruiting a MES Solutions Architect Delivery Lead with their Digital Technology (DT) organization. This role is ideally located at one of a few major locations including, the corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or plant locations in Monroe, North Carolina; Millersburg, Oregon; or Cudahy, Wisconsin and will report to our Director, Enterprise Manufacturing Solutions. They offer a hybrid work policy (home and office) but this is not a 100% remote role.
As a MES Solution Architect Delivery Lead you will provide subject matter experience with MOM / MES and industrial automation projects which includes leading projects and teams through the delivery of these capabilities specific to Production Scheduling, Production Execution, Quality/Deviation Mgmt., Production Report Management, etc.
In order to become successful, you’ll first have to understand the overall business, the company processes and practices, and partner with the manufacturing business units, stakeholders, and IT leaders in order to effectively deliver on short and long-term business goals and solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field preferred
- At least 5 years with various manufacturing execution systems experience. (SCADA, MES, ERP, MOM, IIoT etc.) and industrial control systems
- At least 5 years of experience supporting software development projects in an IT capacity (i.e. systems integrator, software developer, and/or systems engineer)
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF) and Agile Methodologies
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
- Experience in metals or material manufacturing industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Strong knowledge of Industry 4.0
- Strong understanding of manufacturing business designs, business models, functions, processes, and job roles in manufacturing environments, as well as how they are impacted by digitization and emerging technologies/techniques
- Strong understanding of data analytics (e.g., AI, Cognitive Analytics, Machine Learning)
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as ANSI/ISA-95 and ANSI/ISA-88
- Knowledge OPC UA-DA, MQTT, XML, HTML, .NET, Visual Basic, SQL
- Assist in conducting digital manufacturing readiness assessments
- Performs evaluation of technology standards, tools/products and solutions to make rational design decisions from both a business and technical perspective
- Influence architectural strategy as technology evolves, with an emphasis on deterministic, re-usable and scalable solutions
- Work with the domain architect(s) to ensure alignment with the current and future architectures for the integration of MES solutions with ERP software and plant automation equipment
- Deliver the Level 3 (MES/MoM), and IIoT solutions
- Develop the use cases and execute the use cases
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields