Software Engineering Manager – Robotics
We are searching for a Software Engineering Manager for a rapidly growing biotech company. The Director of Software Engineering will build an R&D team of engineers developing full stack technology for a unique and exciting bioanalytical platform.
Requirements for the Software Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred in computer science or electrical engineering
- 5+ years’ experience developing software using modern C++ and Python in a senior or technical-lead role, preferably in a cross-functional scientific instrumentation or robotics/hardware-oriented domain.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of high-performing software engineering professionals.
- Extensive technical knowledge of hardware / software, HW-SW interfaces, systems programming in a Linux environment, and the design of distributed systems for performance-critical applications.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in software engineering and development process, including tools and methods for managing soup-to-nuts delivery of product software under quality control.
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities: proactive team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions.
- You are a continuous learner who embraces a growth mindset.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information and present it to specialists and non-specialists.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineering Manager:
- Lead and grow the software development team by recruiting and retaining industry-leading engineering talent across a range of specialties.
- Help manage the prioritization and execution of development activities.
- Provide technical leadership to drive high-level architecture and software design decisions for the team.
- Work closely with leadership from Engineering and Product Marketing along with internal software stakeholders to identify key projects and establish development roadmaps.
- Help define and implement effective software engineering practices within the team and cross-functionally.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields