Software Engineer – Principal I – Full Performance
$125,000 - $125,000 / yr
Software Engineer – Principal I – ESW05 – Full Performance
Our Client is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. They are seeking a Principal Software Engineer with Python expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities.
• Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments
• Developing high quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training.
• Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
• 8+ years of directly relevant experience
• 4+ years experience developing code with Java using modern technologies and tools
• Experience with Agile software development
• Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
• Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
• Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
• Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
• Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
• Strong experience and/or familiarity with Python
• Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, Terraform, Ansible, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
• -Experience and/or familiarity with AWS Services (AWS Glue, ETL Processing, Lambda, RDS, Redshift)
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
• Experience and/or familiarity with Programming IDEs and Web Based notebooks (VScode, Apache Zeppelin, Jupyter Notebooks)
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of STIX, TAXII specifications
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. [Ten (10) years of experience (for a total of eighteen (18) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]
• Certifications related to AWS such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified Developer Associate
• DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
• Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields