Software Engineer – Business Intelligence
Grand Rapids, MI
The BI Software Engineer is part of the Business Intelligence Team within the Information & Analytics Department. This position will report to the Director of Business Intelligence.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Leads complex software engineering projects from inception to completion
- Helps define and assist in the implementation of technical processes and procedures including on-prem and cloud architecture, PaaS, unit testing, integration testing, automation of build processes and configurations
- Assists in maintaining and improving existing BI software solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with the entirety of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- An excellent understanding of how their work fits into the larger architectural picture from a maintainability and testability point-of-view
- Synthesize business requirements and understanding of purpose and vision to evaluate and build excellent solutions for stakeholders
- Ability to provide production support on an as-needed basis
- Deep understanding of internal systems and their integrations Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience with MS SQL Server. – Excellent SQL skills
- Working knowledge of .NET development using C# in an Azure/Cloud environment
- Experience working on complex and long-running projects with cross-functional project teams – Agile-based software development team experience using SCRUM or similar methodologies – Excellent knowledge of Service-Based Architectures & Related Technologies (WebAPI, WCF, OData, Claims Authorization, etc.)
- Experience with identity frameworks and protocols (e.g. OpenID Connect, Identity Server, ADFS) – Experience developing web services for enterprise applications (SOAP, REST, XML & JSON)
- Strong knowledge of Team Foundation Server and/or Git
- Experience with automated build/deployment processes and configuring servers
- Experience with systems integration architectures
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields