Software Development Manager
$138,000 - $185,000 / yr
About the company:
Major established brand name company that is highly rated and has a good working culture and track record of success, innovation and growth has an opportunity for a Software Development Manager at their headquarters located in the lower portion of upstate NY. The company looks for people who are innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen.
About the position:
Company is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead, develop, and deliver high-quality software products The selected individual will:
- Provide leadership in the areas of real-time embedded application, telematics production, and IoT elements, as well as foundational system development.
- Manage and lead R&D and technical software programs, using both internal and third-party resources resulting in new and/or improved product, increased output, and reduced cost.
- Ensure all projects have meaningful milestones and perform periodic reviews to ensure projects are on target.
- Maintain overall software resource loading for teams and adjust allocations to ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Maintain relationships with all third-party contractors and internal senior level team members.
- Identify and implement programs to continually develop software staff and key resources.
- Act as technical project director for major programs, providing technical and administrative guidance on projects.
- Monitor program performance for schedule, technical soundness, quality, field reliability, and financial objectives. Identify and implement corrective actions as required.
- Act as principal technical software resource for leading discussions with senior developers.
- Partner with HR and training teams to ensure that associates receive the appropriate career development mentoring and training opportunities.
- Develop strategy and work with procurement partners to pursue new outsourcing opportunities to meet goals.
- Develop and maintain processes for requirement definitions, third-party contracting, and software development.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with other functions (engineering, operations, finance, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (electrical, computer, etc), Computer Science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, including 4+ years in a technical management role.
- In-depth technical skill in embedded code development (C, C++).
- Experience with requirement and development tracking tools (Jira, Jama, Bitbucket, GIT, etc.).
- Demonstrated technical skills in developing architecture that can be applied over diverse product line.
- Experience adding value through leadership by building high performing team and achieving successful outcomes on complicated programs/projects.
- Experience with product development, production, application/platform integration projects, and working in an integrated, multifunctional team environment.
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation.
- Demonstrated application of cost control, schedule, and risk and opportunity management.
- Strong presentation, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong vendor/contractor relationships.
- Able to travel 10%-15%.
H1B candidates will also be considered for this position.
It would be great if you had:
- PMP Certification
About the total compensation package:
Salary – Expected to be between $138,000 and $185,000 depending on the selected candidate’s background and a 10% management bonus is associated with this position.
Benefits – The company recognizes the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields