Smart Factory Project Manager
The Smart Factory Automation Project Manager is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of the project’s objectives, the timely delivery of sheet metal processing equipment and its proper installation at the customer’s facility. A successful project manager provides excellent support and guidance to customers during the project’s execution phase and interfaces clearly with various departments – Engineering, Software, Service, Assembly, Training and Applications – with the end goal of achieving a successful project completion.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor installation projects of large non-standard automation systems
- Guide customers through the entire installation process from the first pre-install site visit to system acceptance and sign-off.
- Create a detailed project timeline that clearly defines all necessary activities, all respective responsibilities (suppliers, and the customers) and all milestones / due dates of the installation. Coordinate with individual departments proper staffing of required resources. Responsible for the process from customer purchase order to customer sign-off.
- Establish regular coordination meetings with stakeholders to provide technical expertise and promptly address conflicts. Follow company standards and customer requirements.
- Travel to pre-installation sites to ensure compliance with all installation requirements, such as the availability of supplies, the suitability of the customer’s facility (i. e. floor inspection) to prepare for equipment delivery, and subsequent installation.
- Support the system installation on-site in the liaison role between the customer and the organization.
- Facilitate customer change requests and ensure communication to all stakeholders of the impacts on scope and schedule.
- Coordinate travel and prepare and submit travel expenses reports.
- Provide regular clear feedback to Engineering and Production Departments.
- 10. Identify improvement opportunities during project execution, consolidate, and report those to the appropriate people and departments.
- Travel requirements up to 75%, including overnight travel.
The position requires excellent problem solving, organizational, Project Management, communication and interpersonal skills. Three to five years experience as a Service Engineer, Development Engineer, Applications Engineer or related technical experience AND project management experience in related fields, such as in a construction environment or automated production system environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills in a multi-cultural corporation.
Associates Degree or 4+ years of experience in a technical field, such as Industrial, Process, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Project Management training and experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields