$210,000.00 - $230,000.00
- Direct the medical care and treatment of patients and have primary medical responsibility in overseeing and supporting the care rendered by other members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Collaborates with site NP community-based based primary care providers on the shared population.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality, cost, and utilization of care for the site participants.
- Carries a caseload of patients as PCP and participates in direct medical care in the Diagnostic and Treatment Center.
- Leads the medical presence during the start of care events.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team activities, which may include case conferences, hospitalization reports, family, and team meetings.
- Develops and participates in the Utilization Review of medical services provided by CLHC/DTC.
- Develops and supervises the provision of ambulatory medical services.
- Serves as liaison as necessary with other medical institutions and develops relationships with subspecialists and community physicians for the purposes of semi-annual care planning.
- Facilitates medical education programs for staff, trainees, and students as opportunities arise.
- Conducts patient assessments, and examinations, and treats patients in a variety of settings, i.e., Day Treatment Center (DTC) and patient’s home.
- Serves as a resource for all clinical staff practicing in the DTC (nurse practitioners, MAs, RNs).
- Residency in Internal Medicine or Family Practice, Fellowship, and experience in geriatrics preferred.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Diploma in Geriatric Medicine or equivalent experience.
- No malpractice or loss of license at the DTC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine. Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Board Certification or experience in Geriatric Medicine. Residency in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or fellowship or experience in Geriatrics.
- Licensed to practice medicine in NY.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields