Shift Manager (2nd Shift)
REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience in a poultry processing plant. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred but additional DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization, must be able to lead a group of diverse individuals to achieve departmental goals and effectively drive management’s vision to all levels of operations.
- Detail-oriented, structured, and able to communicate effectively. Must possess demonstrated ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills, excellent follow through on assigned tasks required for this position, must be able to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong communication skills.
**MUST HAVE 5 years of poultry processing experience.**
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS: The Shift Manager at this poultry processing plant will be responsible for the daily operations of one shift as well as ensuring safety procedures are followed and goals are met in all departments under his/her oversight. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Oversees all Department Managers and Supervisors on the assigned shift.
- Coaches and mentors Department Managers and area Supervisors to keep them aligned with management goals.
- Manages all issues and interactions with the government in conjunction with the Plant Manager and Assistant Plant Manager.
- Directs the processing of assigned products consistent with scheduled requirements, cost standards, safety requirements, environmental, quality, maintenance, sanitation, and food safety specifications to assure maximum output at the lowest possible costs.
- Maintains an effective plant organization to assure maximum utilization and development of employees.
- Implements plans to achieve plant financial targets and goals.
- Serves as facility champion for company-wide safety programs and initiatives.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields