Service Technician – Air Compression Equipment
Sioux Falls, SD
$40,000 - $70,000 / yr
POSITION: Service Technician – Air Compression Equipment
LOCATION: Sioux Falls SD and Fargo ND
Well established company that provides Air Compressor Products and Instrumentation is looking for a couple of Service Technicians.
Individuals will perform system maintenance and repairs of the company’s highly-specialized equipment. They will trouble shoot, service and repair compressed air equipment and similar products.
On an ongoing basis they will rebuild and maintain equipment used by customers, at the customer’s location.
This is not a sales position but the individual will be expected to call on existing and potential customers to promote and sell the company’s service programs.
The company will train individuals but the people they want to hire should have a technical aptitude and some experience working on similar equipment. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Job Description and Essential Duties:
- Engineering or Technical studies or Military experience (with equipment maintenance / repair ) or similar hands on experience will be considered.
- Proficient with mechanical diagrams, wiring schematics and understands P & ID drawings.
- Use precision / electrical measurement tools.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Assist customers by providing technical assistance on start-ups, installations, repairs of all makes and models of air compressors and sub- systems.
- Assure equipment operates to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Increase ’customer’ awareness of company’s products, services, & solutions
- Stay up to date on the latest service bulletins, knowledge of all upgrades, retrofits, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with equipment.
- Serve as technical support for the technicians in training
- Support sales department
- Actively participate in services and parts marketing plans.
- Submit daily accurate, detailed reports and complete tasks on time.
- Maintain company property, including vehicle and tools/equipment.
- Actively promote safety education / accident prevention in line with company guidelines.
- Up-Sell company products and services.
- Write quotes and PM agreements as needed.
- Expected to maintain the percentage of billing that is consistent with their goals
- Required to travel to customer locations with some overnight travel required
- Some scheduled overtime with potential weekends
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields