Lead UX Researcher
New York, NY
$140,000.00 - $145,000.00
We are seeking a UX Researcher Lead for a direct hire employee role (hybrid / 2 days weekly on-site) with our client in New York City (10010). Compensation depends upon experience level. 8+ experience and prototyping with InVision and Sketch are preferred.
The UX Research Lead will coach and lead a team of UX Researchers that provide ongoing insights, provocations and thought leadership on the end-to-end customer journey and back-office processes and workflows.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of UX Researchers including hiring, development, coaching, performance reviews and corrective actions as needed.
- Develop the vision and drive the action plan for how the UX Research function will scale to deliver top-tier results.
- Provide ongoing thought leadership and support to colleagues that want to conduct evaluative and generative research.
- Design, manage and lead user research to uncover new insights and opportunities, understand current needs and wants, and test potential design solutions before bringing them to market.
- Identify insights by analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from user research, consumer research and competitor data.
- Translate insights into actionable recommendations across digital and physical products, services and spaces, providing a continuous pipeline of data to improve the consumer and commercial customer experience.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, designers, product managers and developers on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts.
- Create communication tools, such as journey maps, service blueprints utilizing the appropriate tool for the task.
- Tactical experience in user research and human-centered design.
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills and ability to present ideas confidently.
- Interest and passion for people and cultures.
- Bachelors’ degree in HCI, Anthropology, Psychology or a related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a design research or UX research role or a Masters’ degree and minimum of 6 years of experience in a design research or UX research role.
- Experience with prototyping and using tools such as InVision and Sketch is preferred.
Please note: This position is not open to 3rd party c2c agencies. No visa sponsorship provided. All applicants must have permanent US work authorization and not require sponsorship now or in the future. Locals/daily commuting distance preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields