Senior Tax Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
We have an opening for a Senior Tax Analyst with our top ranked global law firm client.
This position may sit in any of the following offices – Los Angeles, New York, Washington, DC, San Franciso, Atlanta, Chicago (with a preference for Los Angeles).
The ideal candidate will assist in maintaining firm wide tax compliance in the United States and foreign jurisdictions at federal, state, and local levels.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze data provided by the Finance and Accounting group and prepare tax schedules for the preparation of the U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns, business tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and international tax compliance requirements;
- Prepare partnership and nonresident partner estimated tax calculations;
- Prepare quarterly partner income tax projections;
- Maintain partners’ composite tax elections and related records;
- Prepare and review the partners’ U.S. and international partner withholding tax calculation;
- Prepare applicable general ledger analysis and perform quality assurance procedures;
- Monitor current and proposed changes in tax laws and regulations; research as needed;
- Maintain partners’ capital accounts and process partnership distributions; and
- Assist in development and implementation of tax accounting methodology and process.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting or related field is required;
- At least 4+ years of experience in public accounting at a multi-office professional services organization is preferred;
- Relevant experience with preparing U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns is desired;
- Must be able to perform research on tax laws and regulations for various jurisdictions and different types of tax;
- Exposure to international, VAT/GST, business, property, sales/use, and excise taxation in addition to income tax is desired;
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills;
- Capable of juggling multiple assignments simultaneously and taking ownership of key responsibilities;
- Must have ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to do what it takes to meet tight deadlines;
- Possess strong analytical skills and methodical, detail-oriented approach in completing assignments; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields