Senior Superintendent – Commercial Construction
$95,000 - $120,000 / yr
- Must have 10+ years of experience building Commercial ($10-30M+) projects from start up through completion.
- Preferred experience also with cast-in-place and precast garage construction OR High-Rise structures.
- Prefer locally based candidates who are familiar with the local codes and have already worked with many of the local subcontractors.
- Proven experience on running large sites and successful completion of schedule, budget, client satisfaction and safety.
• Work with other staff members to negotiate any changes with subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with company policies and safety procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase / change orders
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
KEY Skills and Abilities
- New-Construction Experience (Projects $20-60+MM)
- Scheduling Expertise
- Communication skills
- Negotiating | Contracts skills
- Ability to work well with a team & manage multiple employees as needed
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of construction superintendent experience in the ground-up / new-construction industry.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields