Senior Superintendent – 1743870
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for the completion of assigned construction projects and accountable for the daily operation of a job site, including scheduling, production, and procurement of materials, manpower, and equipment. Supervises other Superintendents and all direct labor positions on the assigned project. Manages and oversees any contracted work on the site to ensure successful project completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Interacts with Project Manager(s) to determine the project scheduled; develops and utilizes “look ahead” schedules to assess progress and spot upcoming issues.
- Coordinates the pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager prior to mobilization.
- Directs procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Meets and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specification, and coordination various phases of construction pro prevent delays.
- Meets regularly with craft personnel to update them on construction issues and to gather input for solutions.
- Meets with subcontractors prior to the sub’s mobilization to review scope of work and schedule; advises subcontractors prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements.
- Meets regularly with clients to update the on the projects’ progress.
- Works with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances with the project work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work confirms to specifications and to construction schedules.
- Manages the project based on progress reports, material used, and costs and adjusts work schedules accordingly.
- Works with the Manager of Craft Resources to move personnel from project to project, responsible for crew mixes and work assignments to manager labor costs.
- Works in conjunction with Project Manager in preparing the Project Management Plan.
- Ensures company policies, such as safety policies, are implemented consistently; ensure company quality standards and housekeeping requirements are maintained.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activities to Safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises other Superintendents, General Foreman, Foremen, Project Managers, Project Engineers and all direct labor positions on job site; manages appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent and at least 10 years project management experience.
- Fifteen years commercial construction experience and/or education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skill.
- Computer and office equipment skills, including email, work processing, spreadsheet, graphics, faxes, etc.
- Excellent ability to resolve problems and issues with co-workers, owners, and subordinates.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
- Working knowledge of construction laws and practices.
- Proven negotiation skills and at least one-year experience in negotiating contracts.
- Dependable understanding and ability to apply building codes and other design requirements.
- Reliable blueprint reading skills.
- Possesses integrity; maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully function as a team leader.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- The ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat or harm to self or others.
- Professional affiliation (e.g., AGC member) preferred.
- Professional credential preferred.
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, Life & AD&D Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Family Support, Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public Transportation, Paid time off, Time Away Benefits, Paid Holidays, Group Legal, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Identity Theft Protection, Group Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields