Senior Structural Engineer – Marine Division
Reporting to a division Principal, the Senior Engineer applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The Senior Engineer is responsible for making decisions independently on engineering/design problems and methods and represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. This position requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the Senior Engineer’s field and related disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive experience.
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates and directs a large and important engineering project or number of small projects with many complex features.
- Develops and evaluates project plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering/design assumptions, analysis methods and procedures, and chosen solutions.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff necessary to complete assignments; often assists as a staff advisor.
- Serves as the lead technical designer on a project or performs QA/QC reviews of other’s work on project teams.
- Trains and mentors other technical staff on company technical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline (e.g. Architecture, Landscape Architecture, etc.) from an accredited curriculum; Master’s degree a plus.
- Professional Engineer Registration is required.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience a plus.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields