Senior Staff Research Engineer
$100,000 - $155,000 / yr
Our Client is looking for your talent! If you are a Senior Staff Research Engineer , we would love to hear from you! In this role, you will use acoustics and DSP skills to define and develop microphone and speaker technologies for the next generations of cutting-edge voice communication products. Responsibilities include defining and optimizing acoustic and signal processing systems to deliver clear and intelligible voice in industry-leading communication systems. You’ll ensure that our customers can communicate with each other using our product and technologies even in the harshest of audio environments. Our products are critical in our customers’ initiatives to transform and evolve their businesses. As part of an entrepreneurial team, this position will shape the future of restaurant businesses of all sizes all over the globe.
What you will do in the position:
· Collaborate with experts in voice communication systems, signal processing, and radio technology to define, build, and demonstrate working proof-of-concept systems for engineers, product managers, and executives.
· Develop and implement new signal processing algorithms that enhance communications for our customers.
· Provide training and consultation to design engineers developing new communications systems including headsets, microphones, and speakers.
· Use acoustics knowledge to educate colleagues.
· Works with other team members to implement and evaluate new DSP algorithms on vendor-supplied evaluation boards or Our Client -constructed breadboards
· Evaluates algorithm performance against existing products and other similar algorithms.
· Conducts user demonstrations and testing and documents test results.
· Works to eliminate unknowns for new technologies to reduce design cycle risks.
· Authors reports documenting concepts, test results, evaluation findings, and projected product costs.
· Authors written documentation describing technologies, algorithms, and software for use by product design engineers.
· Interfaces with customers at test sites to evaluate breadboard performance and possible product viability as needed.
· Keeps abreast of new and changing technologies with the goal of finding cutting-edge and more cost-effective solutions.
· Attends project design team meetings as needed.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
· BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) required.
· 10 years of experience in acoustics and signal processing.
· 5 years of experience implementing signal processing algorithms on DSP hardware.
· Experienced with C and C++ programming languages.
· Able to read, understand, and implement designs based on MATLAB, Octave, and Python examples.
· Able to communicate clearly and concisely in English through both written and verbal reports.
· Knowledgeable about speech processing concepts.
· Familiar with concepts of signal extraction and noise suppression.
· Experienced debugging and troubleshooting using typical engineering instruments – oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
· College training in circuit design and analysis.
· Experience developing prototype software.
· MS in Electrical Engineering – Preferred
· Experience with image processing – Preferred
· Experience with Machine Learning or Deep Learning – Preferred
Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, pet insurance, life insurance, and 401K contributions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds, 50 pounds with assistance.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields