Senior Software Engineer – Applications
$89,000 - $136,000 / yr
Our Client’s Wireless Team is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer – Applications to innovate, design, and develop software for embedded systems. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a talented team of engineers working on a diverse technology stack, ranging from low-level drivers up to Linux applications communicating with the cloud. In this position, you will be working closely with product managers, R&D, Hardware, and QA teams to deliver software solutions for the next generation of Our Client’s flagship product in a fast-paced agile environment. A successful candidate will be able to define requirements and specifications, lead technical discussions, and mentor junior team members.
What you will do in the position:
· Work independently and with fellow seniors on the development of new complex firmware and software for embedded systems.
· Participate in identifying and defining requirements and specifications for a given project.
· Assist in documenting and reviewing overall architecture and individual software components.
· Attend design team meetings to provide input into the overall architecture of projects.
· Support Sustaining Engineering in solving design errors and/or modifications of existing released products.
· 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
· Expertise in C/C++ languages
· Ability to read schematics
· Familiarity with common peripheral protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, etc.)
· Experience using tools such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
· Proficiency with version control systems (GIT, SVN, etc.)
· Working knowledge of Linux kernel configuration or driver development
· Knowledge of object-relational databases (SQL / PostgreSQL)
· Knowledge of Node / Node.js application development
· Practice in Agile development
· Experience with Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
· Experience with ARM Cortex-A Processors
· Networking (TCP, UDP, RTSP, Client/Server apps) experience
· Familiarity with Linux SDK build systems (Yocto / Buildroot)
· Familiarity in implementing Security features (encryption, key management, secure boot)
· Familiarity with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Familiarity with front-end development
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields