Senior Project Manager – Industrial Construction
Salt Lake City, UT
Responsible for recruiting, dispatching, and managing all craft employees in industrial construction. Directs and assists Project Superintendents and General Foreman as needed to ensure profitable, safe, timely and quality project execution. Assists Division Manager and Industrial Construction Management team (including Operations Manager, Chief Estimator, Fabrication Manager, Safety Manager, and Quality Control Manager) in coordinating daily, weekly, and monthly activities.
- Oversee recruiting, dispatching and management of all craft employees, including project superintendents, general foreman, foreman, welders, iron workers, masons, operators, pipe fitters, skilled laborers, laborers, etc.
- Support estimating effort through bid reviews and constructibility reviews, including review of activity productions, crew makeup, equipment selection and cost analysis.
- Verifies conformance of finished work product.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety and environmental requirements are met.
- Ensure craft management staff are appropriately coordinating all labor, equipment, and subcontractor resources with Project Manager and other partnered companies to ensure timely, cost-effective completion of projects.
- Teach Superintendents and General Foreman how to generate and manage a 3 week look ahead schedule to ensure manpower, materials, equipment, subcontractors, and all resources are scheduled appropriately.
- Assures all employees within the team know and follow the company safety and work rules and policies.
- Ensures that all employees within the department receive the proper training required in order for them to operate the equipment or installation of the associated scope.
- Assigns work and participates in review of job costs and overall performance.
- Supports planning of on-the-job training to team members to ensure safety and quality of the work being done. Timely review of job sites for safety and quality of the work.
- Work closely with all areas of the operations to create new opportunities for the company
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction of industrial projects, with a minimum of 5 years as a foreman and 5 years as a superintendent.
- Experience managing projects with multiple crews and at least 250 craft employees
- Completion of OSHA or equivalent safety training.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Job or similar job costing program.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Outside most of the time
- Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Manufacturing and refining environment
- Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
- Limited working surfaces
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
- Exposure to areas with limited visibility
- Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
- Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-50 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
- Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
- If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
- Walking on uneven terrain, with an average of 2 miles per day
- Sit, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Use of respirator if position requires
- Driving if required to travel
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4% (Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields