Senior Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA
$200,000 - $300,000 / yr
Company is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our office in Los Angeles, CA
Company is a leading civil, building, and specialty Construction Company that believes integrity, teamwork, and a collaborative approach are fundamental to our business success.
We transform industries and communities through stunning and complex infrastructure projects — to ensure public safety, maintain a quality of life and support a healthy economy. For more than a century, Company’s family of construction companies has supported the development and maintenance of many diverse projects across our great nation.
From coast to coast, notable projects include The Purple Line (D Line) Extensions in Los Angeles, SR 99 Viaduct replacement tunnel in Seattle, East Side Access projects and the Hudson Yards Platform in New York, Central Subway Third Street Light Rail in San Francisco, and multiple airport expansions and bridge projects. At Company you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile, projects that impact your community.
Extraordinary Projects need Exceptional Talent
Company is looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage the construction process on the project. This includes coordinating schedules, budgets, and resources and communicating directly with contractors, designers and owners concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, delegating and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and resolving employee issues. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager, Project Executive, Operations Manager or other assigned supervisor.
· Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads.
· Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
· Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
· Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
· Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
· Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
· Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent required.
· 15 years of experience managing the construction of transportation infrastructure projects of similar size and complexity to this project.
· 10 or more years of experience and knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
· 5 years of experience managing the construction of at least one design-build light rail or heavy rail transit project
· Managed the design and construction of at least one design—build project
· Managed the construction of cut-and-cover structures
· License and registration in the State of California is desirable
· Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
· Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills such as tact, diplomacy, influence, etc. are essential.
· Must be a business oriented person.
Expected salary range for this position is $200,000 – $300,000 depending on experience.
Company builds extraordinary projects, and we need exceptional talent. Join us and together we will build the projects that improve our community.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields