Senior Project Manager – Heavy Civil
Winston Salem, NC
$110,000 - $145,000 / yr
The Senior Project Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations for construction projects ranging in value from $50M to $300M with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges. The Project Manager will ensure that the project is completed safely, on schedule and within budget. This includes the overall responsibility for estimating, budget, schedule, contract compliance, safety, quality of work, project closeout, and owner satisfaction.
- Supervises on-site Project Superintendents and Project Engineers.
- Responsible for an entire heavy highway, road and/or bridge construction project OR a major segment of a construction project
- Plan and perform complex or technical work requiring sound judgment and decision-making authority
- Manages field construction activity, engineering, and other field project(s) support activities
- Responsible for execution of the contract to meet schedule and budget .
- Responsible for the technique, economic and operations plan.
- Negotiates with the client.
- Participates in the estimating process.
- Optimizes the operations means and methods with the Project Engineers
- Controls the progress of the operation to meet the objectives.
- Determines the suppliers and the subcontractors in tandem with the Division Manager and the Contracts Department.
- Develops project schedule.
- Prepares and assists in weekly project update meetings.
- Participates in the division weekly meetings.
- Ensures project quality on the project and respects commitments with the client.
- Reviews and approves all change order requests.
- Completes project budget.
- Controls project expenses.
- Responsible for budget.
- Responsible for billing control.
- Approves invoices.
- Prepares the final quantities report.
- Responsible for accuracy of CPSR projections.
- Actively participates in the training of all Construction Engineers.
- Actively participates in recruiting candidates.
- Responsible for Performance Evaluations for all employees assigned to project.
- Recommends and proposes technical solutions (innovative products and processes).
- Maintains professional relationship with client(s).
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-10 plus years’ current/recent heavy highway, road and bridge construction management experience is required
- Current/recent medium to large heavy highway, road and bridge construction project experience ($10M+) is required
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields