Senior Project Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Senior Project Engineers are seen as leaders/emerging leaders within our firm. You’ll work closely with management and stakeholders to solve a diverse range of complex design challenges and provide key input to ensure the delivery of high-quality work that meets each client’s timeline and budget expectations.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer that is looking to expand their knowledge, take on new projects, and grow toward project management.
The company is looking for someone that can quickly hit the ground running with both large and small scaled design projects and that is able to use creativity and a strong knowledge/application of the building code in their design solutions.
If you’re interested in taking on a new opportunity that promotes employee growth and development in a collaborative and laid-back environment, we’d like to hear from you! Job requirements, responsibilities, and benefits for this full-time position are as follows.
- Perform advanced lateral and gravity analysis and design of structures utilizing wood, steel, masonry, and concrete systems.
- Preparation of project working drawings between Junior Engineers, CAD staff, and others.
- Coordination and management support of projects between clients, consultants, and contractors
- Use expertise to review and interpret technical documents from other consultants (geotechnical engineering reports, civil engineering plans, etc.)
- Review shop drawings for compliance with construction contract documents
- Conduct site visits and structural observations for work in progress
- Issue field instructions, change orders, respond to RFI’s, and other construction administrative documentation
- Prepare engineering reports based on visual inspections of the buildings and review of the available building drawings
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Self-motivated individual with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in analysis and design of structures for schools, offices, retail stores, warehouses, multi-family housing, large residences, etc.
- California CE or SE license strongly preferred and BSCE ( or related, specialized degree) required
- Well-versed in seismic design and structural design utilizing steel, concrete, wood, light gage steel, and masonry
- Interest in developing leadership and management experience and understanding of project coordination and business development
- Excellent communication, time management, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in structural modeling and design programs (RISA, ETABS, SAFE, SAP, ADAPT)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- A team player that is interested in beginning to build stakeholder relationships for the firm and can work well with a variety of personalities to achieve mutual goals
- Four weeks paid vacation plus generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid work model that includes two remote days a week
- 401(K) with matching company contribution
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- On-going career growth opportunities
- Flexible, inclusive, and supportive work environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields