Our technology-based Dealer Management Solutions client is looking to bring on a Senior Product Manager to join their rapidly growing company. Telecom experience would be great or anything related to any type of machine learning / AI and/or data analytics and reporting would be applicable. This is a fully remote position.
The Senior Product Manager works with internal and external resources to assess the market and customer needs, creates product strategies, defines the roadmap for product development, monitors and assists with directing the development and delivery of products. The Senior Product Manager is the liaison across internal departments to ensure key strategies and initiatives are aligned with the strategy and product roadmap. The Senior Product Manager is an expert in agile software development and SaaS practices and will be play an integral role in driving the development and implementation of new products according to the established roadmap.
Project Management, Research, and Development
- Partners with the VP of Product to develop and continually refine product vision and roadmaps based on company strategy and investment priorities. This will include starting with the end user and working backwards to define product vision.
- Leverages our market research, competitive intelligence, and user experience research to represent the voice of our customers in all product development initiatives and strategies.
- Ensures all internal and external stakeholder voices are heard and represented, ensuring clear priorities are set for the development and engineering teams in the roadmap process.
- Based on our strategic plan, ensures project priorities and timelines are defined and clearly communicated to all project partners.
- Develops and clearly communicates product business case to all teams and stakeholders, ensuring the product value proposition is defined and measurable for end-result success.
- Assists with the coordination of all internal teams in the development and implementation of new products.
- Collaborates with the engineering and IT departments to ensure alignment of resources, scope, and priorities to ensure timely and high-quality solutions are developed in accordance with the product roadmap. Advocates for effective resource allocation as necessary.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, technology developments, and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and initiatives to develop a long-term product strategy.
- Supports all quality management efforts by assuring end results meet the original product specifications.
- Works collaboratively with internal partners to ensure adequate testing is completed to ensure a flawless final product is rolled out to customers for success.
- When product performance issues arise, partners with necessary internal partners to address and correct product issues with minimal disruption to the end-user.
Customer Success and Relationship Management
- Ensures timely and thorough customer communication, assuring all parties are informed of product development status and rollout.
- Develops strong working relationships with product development partners to ensure roadmaps are followed, necessary product-related decisions are made, issues are escalated and addressed, and necessary change/enhancement requests are managed and completed.
- Assists with the development of new product stories to ensure customers are well-informed of new product capabilities.
- Develops rapport and trust with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth operational synergy and communication.
- Develops a strong working relationship with marketing, customer success, sales, and operations to promote cross-communication within our company to ensure an excellent and consistent customer experience.
Leadership and Professional Development
- Maintains up-to-date industry knowledge and is a subject matter expert (SME) on all our products to provide comprehensive service to our customers, as well as partner with internal team members to increase their overall knowledge and understanding of our products.
- Ensures alignment to our Mission, Vision, and Values to meet organizational goals.
- Collaborates with team members and colleagues in other departments to continuously improve company operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Project Management, Business, or related field of study. Master’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or Project Management a plus.
- At least 8 years of experience in product management with 5 years of experience working in a SaaS, technology driven platform, or agile software development environment.
- Automotive DMS industry experience is not a must have.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and customer research and analysis to develop product strategies and roadmaps.
- Proven ability to leverage data and drive product innovation that is scalable to a clear ROI.
- Previous experience working with SalesForce.com or a similar CRM.
- Ability to think strategically, while partnering with other departments to leverage market knowledge to meet customer needs and project criteria.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate multiple programs and applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, follow up on requests, and complete projects and tasks according to the assigned timeframe.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset to anticipate upcoming needs of the customer.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and respond to changing needs as they present in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to partner with multiple departments within the organization to ensure cross-departmental communication and synergy.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and respond to customer needs