Senior Mechanical Designer- full time permanent
Position Senior Mechanical Designer
Location North Dakota
Full Time Permanent Position
The Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for industrial plant design (oil seed, ethanol, etc.), producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead a design team and lead other mechanical designers.
- Responsible for the creation of all industrial project drawings which include but are not limited to General Arrangements, PID’s, 3D models, piping and Isometrics.
- Leads design meetings and drawing reviews when needed
- Manages the preparation of drawing documents, including providing leadership and guiding the efforts of other designers.
- Conducts site visits, gathers field data & measurements, and prepares construction observations and punch lists as assigned
- Coordinate work with both internal and external stakeholders, providing technical support and work direction as needed
- Effectively estimate hours and scope of work, thereby contributing to the creation of budgets and project schedules.
EDUCATION FOR A SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER
An AAS Degree in design/drafting or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10+ years of industrial plant design experience
- 3D design experience (CADworx, AutoCAD Plant 3D, PDMS, or Bentley AutoPLANT)
- Project management skills and experience
- Design experience in the development of mechanical general arrangements, piping systems, and piping and instrumentation of diagrams.
- Highly motivated, professional demeanor with a “can do” attitude.
- Experience in the review of mechanical equipment drawings.
- Team-oriented and strong work ethic
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, shift focus if needed to assist other staff
- Maintain a well-organized system to account for various information processed
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Preferred but not required experience: Proficiency with AutoCAD Plant 3D software.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields