Senior IT Business Analyst
The Senior IT Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business groups and IT, interacting with system users to create and maintain the strategic partnership for bridging business needs with technology delivery. This individual works closely with the business partners to enable business success through IT solutions. The IT Business Analyst primary responsibility is to formulate and define project focused business scope and objectives based on user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and typical industry requirements The IT Business Analyst must be skilled in various techniques and understand when each should be applied based on the delivery methodology being used, whether traditional waterfall or Agile. They also serve as key partners to the IT Quality Assurance team to ensure solution requirements are converted to effective test plans, and to Solutions Architects, Development Teams and Project Managers for decisions on selection and design of technology solutions to meet the business requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Requirements- Creates functional specifications to translate business requirements into application impacts. Facilitates the understanding, clarification, and implementation of business requirements and works with key partners in IT to turn those into functional system design
- Demand Management – Works with portfolio managers, technical resources and business leads to support demand intake activities using internal IT processes. Transitions approved demand to assigned project manager
- Process Design & Change Management- Creates current and future state process maps and design. Implements change management and training plans for successful project adoption
- Task Management – coordinates small, non-complex activities requiring coordination across IT functional areas.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Able to elicit, decipher and document technology needs to overcome problems faced by our business.
- Creative Thinking: ability to look at needs of stakeholders from different perspectives and suggest ways to communicate needs in a way that can be understood by IT
- Industry Knowledge: understanding of the Joann business model and how it applies to projects
- Facilitation & Negotiation: ability to moderate group discussions and enable participants to articulate their thoughts and ideas. Ability to apply the proper process based on audience to attain the expected outcomes.
- Oral and written Communication – Ability to express ideas, information or other content in a clear manner. Ability to actively listen to ensure ideas generated by stakeholders are clearly understood
- Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field
- Experience Minimum: Relevant professional experience in an IT technology environment. This experience should include Technical requirements capture, Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC), and Waterfall and/or Agile project methodologies. Relevant experience in a large RETAIL information technology environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience Preferred: Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
Must be on sight 2-3 days a week. They work on a hybrid schedule
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields