Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Newport Beach, CA
$100,000 - $140,000 / yr
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Fire Protection Engineer to join our team of professionals in our Orange County office!
The right candidate will have work history that includes performing consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing fire protection engineering technical skills.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from accredited college or university
- Fire Protection specific degree not required
- Fire Protection Engineering License by examination issued by any state in the United States
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the Fire Protection profession
- Travel is required (estimated travel percentage 20%)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on a high functioning team
Duties and Skills:
- Performing analysis of existing fire protection systems, as well as designing new fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and mass notification systems
- Performing building and fire code analysis and interpretation
- Managing day-to-day contacts with internal and external clients while utilizing experience and technology to meet expectations
- Possess project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
- Performing research and documenting for internal and external distribution
- Building and fire code analysis and interpretation
- Project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
- Provide peer reviews of colleagues’ work product
- Attend and participate in local and national professional organizations, such as SFPE and NFPA
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why here? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, flexible PTO program, an open collaborative environment, professional development, community opportunities, and lively employee activities. But the best part of working here is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, work alongside other intelligent motivated people, and have some good hearty fun while you impact the built environment around you!
Our Orange County office is located in Newport Beach and with our warm climate there are numerous things to do; we are located near many art galleries, museums, gardens, beaches and amusement parks. We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields