Senior Fire Protection Engineer
The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will lead the team in the design work on multi-discipline projects and lead the preparation of comprehensive fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke management, and life safety. The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will lead in the evaluations for new and/or existing life safety programs, lead in the construction administration process and travel to the client sites as necessary. The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will help grow the fire protection engineering team in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
- Lead the design, specification, and multi-discipline coordination of the following fire protection systems: Wet-pipe, dry-pipe, pre-action, deluge, and foam/water fire suppression systems. Fire water supply infrastructure including fire water storage tanks, fire pumps, underground and above ground distribution piping and associated appurtenances. Outdoor fire suppression systems including monitors, spray systems, and exposure protection systems. Addressable and non-addressable voice evacuation fire alarm systems including initiation devices, supervision devices, and audible and visual notification appliances. Releasing systems for pre-action, foam/water, and clean agent systems.
- Evaluate and lead the creation of fire protection calculations including the hydraulic analysis of fire water supply and demand, battery calculations, and voltage drop calculations.
- Lead the evaluation of building and life safety requirements including building area and height limitations, building construction types, fire resistive assemblies and opening protections, occupancy classifications, hazards, building egress, and active and passive smoke management systems.
- Lead the construction administration including coordination with field personnel to resolve design related installation issues, the review of contractor shop drawings and calculations, field inspections, and testing of fire protection systems.
- Prepare and present technical and client reports and presentations.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities.
- Manage sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Responsible for ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Manage the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance. Present project budgets and cost estimates.
- Track project performance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the department.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidate shall have a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in fire protection engineering or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 7 years related design experience (completion of master’s degree in fire protection engineering may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge of appropriate design tools such as hydraulic calculation software, AutoCAD or Revit, Excel, and Word. Position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving challenging problems requiring adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures or criteria.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential clients, including, but not limited to DOE, DOS, aerospace, military, food and consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical, laboratories, and others necessary to perform work.
- Experience working with military standards is strongly preferred.
- Professional Fire Protection Engineer (P.E.) license required.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields