Senior Financial Analyst – Budgeting and Financial Planning
White Plains, NY
The Senior Financial Analyst will perform financial analysis to evaluate operational performance and support budgeting and decision-making, as well as produce reports related to monthly/quarterly financial and volume results.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible supporting the creation and tracking of the hospital operating and capital budget and maintaining and growing our cost accounting and budgeting/reporting systems (Med-Metrix, Kaufman Hall/Syntellis, EPIC, and Infor),
The ideal candidate will have refined analytical skills and be comfortable manipulating and summarizing observations from large data sets. As well as be extremely well-organized and have excellent time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, under sometimes tight deadlines. Must be able to work independently on complex projects and act as a finance department liaison across all levels of the organization.
Assists in the preparation and tracking the annual Operating and Capital budget. Maintains appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepares monthly reporting of Volume Statistics, Operating Revenue, Operating Expenses, Staffing, and Capital Expenditures
- Identifies trends and fluctuations
- Provides insightful ad hoc analyses relating to all aspects of the organization as needed
- Leads and participates in various special projects for Finance and Operations that include:
- Developing and analyzing strategic business plans
- Coordinating with department heads to prepare various financial and statistical analyses to support operational decision- making
- Developing and monitoring project plans
- Develops expertise in various reporting system and provides simple to complex reports to Management (EPIC, Infor, Kaufman Hall/Syntellis, Med-Metrix).
- Delivers training to end users on Kaufman Hall and budgeting in classroom and individual settings
- Manages the capital budgeting & tracking process. Facilitates capital committee meetings and manages the maintenance and growth of Capital Tracking and Capital Planning systems.
- Helps oversee and grow Cost Accounting System (Med-Metrix) along with Dashboard reports
- Acts as a finance department liaison department throughout the organization.
- Cross-trained to perform in other areas of the Finance Department as required.
- Assists with annual audit and preparation of materials for external auditors
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business/Hospital Administration desirable.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and business practices desirable. Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems Administration and implementation desirable (EPIC, Infor, Kaufman Hall/Syntellis, Med-Metrix).
- Knowledge of organizational budgeting processes required.
- Knowledge of Decision Support/Cost Accounting Systems desirable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Healthcare or Financial Analyst position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required.
- Detail-oriented and analytical skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to understand key issues and synthesize complex information to communicate to various audiences.
- Refined analytical skills; comfort manipulating and summarizing observations from large data sets
- Effectively communicates and develops professional cooperation across the organization.
- The position works closely with other members of the Finance, IT, Nursing, Patient Accounting and Human Resource Departments and must be able to maintain productive working relationships with all other ancillary departments as required.
- Position must exhibit integrity and confidentiality in dealing with information which can be sensitive in nature, including information which may fall under HIPAA regulations.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields