Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
South Bend, IN
Looking for a coding expert that understands Digital Signal Processing (DSP) in embedded software systems to create scalable and optimized high-frequency hydraulic control.
Work for a global leader that specializes in transformational, custom-engineered friction welding and resistance welding solutions for manufacturing processes. They make highly specialized machines for highly critical applications that are used on-site for industry applications such as aerospace, oil and gas, automotive, agriculture, construction, consumer product electronics, and military.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging system software
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment in real-time operating systems for high-speed hydraulic applications
- Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Design, architecture, and programming conventions of new software applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing software.
- Advocate and maintain programming standards, verification, and validation methods and techniques.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Interpret controls systems requirements from customer specifications, various project scope documents, and technical execution documents
- Implement ANSI and ISO machine design and safety standards
- Develop technical and electrical controls systems requirements.
- Develop machine sequence and control flow charts.
- Develop design documentation such as theory of operation, help files, machine set-up and operation instructions, and detailed technical specifications.
- Provide technical support to Service Technicians and customers, as needed.
- Participate in efforts for the design, architecture, and programming conventions of Controls applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing designs.
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers, Applications Engineers, and Mechanical Engineers to provide a variety of machine controls system solutions for the effective operation of Friction Welding.
- Promote cultural values and behavior in others (Respectful, Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Effective Communication, Self-motivated, Responsible, Recognition & Appreciation)
- BS Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years software engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience in development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- C, C++, or C-type language programming skills
- Experience in embedded systems design with deterministic multitasking real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of Adaptive LMS gradient descent FIR filters, and digital IIR filters
- Knowledge of Fourier transforms and interpretation in the frequency domain
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Nice to haves:
- Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC programming experience
- Understanding of Friction Physics and the applied Mathematics
- Understanding of Machine Data Collection Integration
- ePLAN experience
- Machine Data Collection and Machine Network Design
- Knowledge of PID Control
- Experience in hydraulic control
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields