Senior Electrician – 1295582
We are currently seeking a skilled Master Electrician to join our team at a client account for a global pharmaceutical company in Olathe, Kansas to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical equipment and systems. A solid understanding and background in plumbing is preferred to best serve our client location. (COVID 19 vaccination is required at this site location)
Our employees and team members always act in our customers’ best interest while striving to exceed expectations. We value our customer relationships above all else. We foster long, deep relationships with clients and talented team members. These relationships not only drive successful projects, but also translate into meeting the customers’ needs and successes for all involved.
No task is too large or too small to self-perform and value our team members and their desire to provide “one stop shop” services of our clients.
The Electrician – Senior, repairs, maintains, and installs wiring, motors, transformers, generators, lighting, and other electrical systems. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but we may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Uses hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Estimates time and material costs on electrical projects.
- Requisitions new electrical supplies and equipment.
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Serves as a lead electrician repairing, installing, replacing, and testing electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Develops, under management supervision, capital project scope and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation opportunities.
- Verify and implement preventive maintenance standards on all electrical distribution equipment.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of the company’s time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done.
- Minimum requirement is Electrician’s license.
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA and other codes related to work performed.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally, in an indoor setting, however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields