Senior Electrical Engineer
St Paul, MN
Position Senior Electrical Engineer (2 positions – 1 for commercial group and 1 for industrial group)
Location: Ohio OR Minnesota
Permanent, Full Time
This position is NOT remote
- Familiar with the electrical design and equipment for industrial and utility facilities with medium and low voltage systems.
- Designs one or more of the following: power distribution systems (primary requirement), including studies such as load flow, short circuit, arc flash, harmonics and coordination studies.
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Electrical Engineering Principles (e.g. network analysis, selective coordination, grounding, harmonics, etc.).
- Provides construction observation and/or inspection and field support of startup and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Possesses a basic understanding of Architectural, Mechanical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices.
- Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
- Creates project plan and schedule for execution of work.
- May serve as project manager for complete projects, when assigned.
- Supports the business development process through input to proposals, meeting and interviewing with prospective customers, etc.
- Provides work direction to other team members, including subcontractors, as assigned.
- Approves final equipment selections and drawing submittals.
- Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineering registration in Minnesota are required. P.E. registration in other upper-Midwest states is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong proficiency in electrical power system design in their core discipline. Ideally, the person filling this position will have strong electrical design experience across a variety of utility and infrastructure projects including medium and low voltage design. This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers. This person will possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with colleagues and customers. Looking for someone with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience following graduation.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
Has strong knowledge of Codes (e.g. NEC, NFPA, IBC, Life Safety Code, etc.).
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields