Senior Director Executive Compensation
$1 - $1 / yr
Our client is seeking a Senior Director Executive Compensation. This role will report to the Head of Total Rewards and serve as the leader of enterprise compensation, a function whose remit is key to our ability to attract and retain the best talent. The incumbent will collaborate with operational leaders to identify desired performance outcomes, and in partnership with the incentive governance committee (CFO, CHRO, COO) will advise on best practice, design, implementation, administration and governance of enterprise compensation programs, ensuring that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with internal and external market position.
The incumbent will oversee the successful execution of monthly, quarterly, and annual compensation programs, articulating program strategy and objectives, defining metrics, defining, and assessing program health to ensure alignment with business objectives. In addition, leads the design, administration, and communication of incentive programs. The Sr Director Executive Compensation will act as a trusted advisor to the business and serve as a strategic leader within the Total Rewards team. The successful candidate will be able to seamlessly shift between strategy and execution, while rolling up their sleeves to respond quickly and with a sense of urgency. They must simplify complex pay decisions and prioritize factors that include rewarding skills that help meet future objectives, compete effectively for coveted talent, ensure pay equity, and ensure that top performers are adequately rewarded for their contribution.
- Lead the design of base pay, short-term and long-term incentive programs to align with company strategy and talent strategy.
- Develop and distribute compensation related communications materials.
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HRBPs, managers and staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations as agreed upon with the incentive governance committee.
- Build strong rapport and alignment on compensation strategy and practices between the compensation team, incentive governance committee, executives, and cross functional partners.
- Create short/long-term retention strategies and compelling offers to secure top talent.
- Ensure appropriate level of compensation governance across supported LOBs.
- Manage market review including leading market data and best practices research, managing annual market review process.
- Help develop a high performing enterprise compensation team.
- Provide expertise regarding the strategic design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company’s compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentives, equity incentives, and executive compensation.
- Proactively review executive compensation matters and trends and recommend compensation structure and base pay adjustments; annual and long-term cash incentive plan design changes, target bonus levels, equity award guidelines, and develop budget recommendations.
- Project management skills, organization skills and strong time management skills.
- 10+ years of enterprise compensation strategy, design, and administration experience to include incentive compensation, broad based compensation and executive compensation plans.
- Ability to effectively lead and drive a high performing, customer-centric team in a distributed workforce model.
- Expert in formatting and presenting Compensation data, conclusions and proposals to executives and Board of Directors / Compensation Committees.
- People-centric professional – ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of employees, particularly executive leadership, and Board of Directors.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills.
- Experience with M&A due diligence and integration of compensation programs.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience required; (MS / MA degree preferred).
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and sound business judgment.
- Expert level Excel or Google Sheets and Compensation Planning platforms; Experience with Peoplesoft/Oracle, Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Comp Design & Communication: Partner with the CHRO, Head of Total Rewards, Senior Leadership, and Incentive Comp Committee to develop a fully integrated Compensation Strategy. Analyze the competitiveness of compensation programs and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s growth and productivity goals. Develop and implement a proactive Compensation communication plan to promote employee awareness, understanding, and engagement.
Governance & Integration: Lead the development and implementation of the processes, protocols, and tools required to establish, communicate, and successfully manage compensation strategy consistently across the enterprise. Build an agile and efficient integration framework for future acquisitions.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields