Senior Compliance Engineer
Stone Mountain, GA
As the Senior Compliance Engineer, you will develop, manage, and conduct regulatory and compliance-related analysis for HVAC/R products, with the key focus on test standards, compliance testing, regulatory strategy, and support on product design and development work.
- Conduct independent research, studies, reviews, and analysis supporting regulatory and technical projects.
- Prepare and submit regulatory documents to Federal and state-level regulatory agencies.
- Participate in AHRI, UL, DOE, EPA-sponsored committees as an active member representing the organization.
- Stay abreast of all upcoming changes to Product Safety and Compliance regulations and standards to ensure the organization is meeting all current requirements for new and legacy products.
- Work with Product Development engineers to develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance related requirements to the company Products; Help the team navigate on upcoming standards changes.
- Assist Customers and Sales team on Regulatory related topics and provide guidance on applicability of standards for products.
- Knowledge of safety agency (UL, CSA, Intertek, etc.) operations, requirements, and compliance testing.
- Interface with safety agencies so that the products can be formally tested and certified to meet designated requirements.
- Manage third-party audit testing for various products and help ensure compliance of our products.
- Learn and follow company procedures and standards.
- Must be self-motivated and able to drive projects to completion.
- Will manage multiple projects/tasks including schedule and goal management.
- Will support regulatory/compliance tasks for multi-stage product development projects.
- Document best practices for use by peers.
- Identify/create new engineering tools to increase efficiency.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
- At least 5 years of experience in Engineering with at least 3 years of direct exposure to regulatory and compliance aspects.
- Familiarity with Regulatory test standards and test methodologies.
- Experience working in a product development and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of refrigeration or HVAC systems and/or equipment is a plus.
- Direct and demonstrated work experience in the refrigeration or HVAC field is a strong plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects at the same time and to adhere to project schedules.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on cross functional teams.
- Flexible and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields