Senior Accountant – Tax and Bookkeeping
Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant – Bookkeeper acts as the firm’s ambassador on client accounts designated to them.
- Provides complete full bookkeeping services for corporate clients, including journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Answers rudimentary staff/intern questions regarding clients’ financial matters.
- Reviews client prepared work papers and/or prepares work papers, financial statements, general ledgers, etc., under supervision.
- Analyzes investments, insurance, purchases, contracts, etc. under supervision.
- Performs client requested research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Supervises staff/interns assigned to the engagements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs such as QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.
- Ability to organize work and handle multiple accounts, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Fundamental knowledge of corporate taxation, business taxes, property taxes, and payroll would be an advantage.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff and interns on selective accounts.
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in public accounting (or very similar work environment), demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- At least 3-4 years in accounting or bookkeeping
- Preferably possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in accounting or a related field.
- Actively participate in continuing professional education as required by the department head.
- Preferably with be working toward obtaining a CPA license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam, or be in possession of a CPA license.
- If a licensed CPA, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs. QuickBooks experience required. Bill.com is a big plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields