$73,000 - $90,000 / yr
We deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
This position is responsible for timely and accurate month-end execution of the Financial Statement Closing Process (FSCP) which may include the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations, cost accruals, analysis of financial statement variances to forecast and budget and general compliance with US GAAP and Accounting Policies as well as other tasks as directed by leadership. This position will be responsible for the accounting and close activities for US and Canadian entities and could extend to other entities.
Areas of focus / emphasis may include:
• Accounting for Income Tax
• Business Combinations/ Divestitures
• Account to Report (ATR)
• Process Improvement
Key Job Activities:
Key Job Activities:
Focus, compile and file corporate income taxes
1) Compilation of critical inputs into ATR processes for US and Canada entities / locations ensuring that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has adequately designed source data, parameters and report logic controls and that those controls are effectively operating.
2) Responsible for the review and approval of Journal Entries related to Canadian Taxation, Intercompany and Investment and Subsidiaries.
Responsible for the review of account reconciliations for US and Canada entities. Track the status of open reconciling items including following up and engaging in a collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by company policies.
3) Monitors that there is adequately designed and effectively operating Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP) standard work for all tasks critical to the FSCP closing process. Makes recommendations to continuously improve the Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP) standard work for all tasks critical to the FSCP closing process.
4) Ensures that the team is preparing and maintaining adequate, accurate and complete management reports that help ’s functional leaders make insightful business decisions.
5) Involved with compiling externally facing reporting and the support for the quarterly and annual deliverables for our external auditors ensuring that all IPE has source, parameters and report logic controls that are adequately designed and effectively operating. Prepares and/or reviews information for statutory compliance.
6) Accountable for help in developing the team around him/her in technical skills and soft skills needed to progress through the organization. Advocates for each team member such that they progress their career within .
7) Ensures adherance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Accounting Policies and related internal control standards.
8) Executes internal controls with proper supporting documentation. Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
9) Reviews monthly journal entries with adequate support. Reviews analyses on accounts assigned.
10) Review processes to optimize efficiency. Communicate areas where system and process enhancements are required. Implement changes from process improvement review.
11) Transition routine, low-risk areas to offshore team. Participate in knowledge transfer. Review offshore team deliverables, including journal entries and account reconciliations. Ensure quality of work and coordination among all team members.
12) Document standard operating procedures.
13) Builds relationships with business partners. Operates as a subject matter expert in assigned areas.
Indirect Reports: 1
May require some travel
Experience, education & competencies :erica & LATAM):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, Audit processes (internal / external) month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats with a focus on taxes
• Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Public Accountant designation
1-3 years corporate tax preparation and filing experience required
• At least 3 years of public accounting experience in audit with exposure to clients with a single instance of an ERP (i.e. SAP) or at least 5 years industry experience in general accounting using a single instance of an ERP with at least 3 of those years having had exposure to external audit.
• Experience sorting through large data sets
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience as a top contributor on high performing teams
• Experience in Canadian taxation
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
• Prior experience documenting performance of or designing IPE controls and MRC activities
• Prior SAP experience
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates proactive approach. Willingness to create new solutions in a changing environment
• Understands flexibility required during period of corporate change
• Developing Direct Reports– Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Holds development discussions. Is aware of each person’s career goals. Works with team members who need help and further development. Is a people builder.
• Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner. Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people. Is a clear communicator.
• Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Sets clear objectives and measures. Monitors process, progress and results. Designs feedback loops into work.
• Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Shares wins and successes. Fosters open dialogue. Lets people finish and be responsible for their work. Defines success in terms of the whole team.
• Total Work Systems (e.g. TQM/ISO/Lean/Six Sigma) – Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes. Seeks to reduce variances in organization processes. Delivers the highest-quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Is committed to continuous improvement. Leverages technology to positively impact quality. Is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch. Is open to suggestions and experimentation. Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, RRSP matching, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields