Senior Accountant – CPA or CPA Track
$50,000 - $70,000 / yr
We have a client seeking a qualified CPA (or CPA candidate) to join their team. Our client is a mid-size firm in the Mobile, AL market providing a variety of services to a diverse client base. Those services include personal and corporate tax returns, small business bookkeeping and client advisory services, and audit and other attestation engagements.
This firm has grown from a sole proprietorship established in 2003 to its current structure with four licensed professional staff members and a multi-member support staff who strive to provide superior quality services to our clients. Due to recent acquisitions and an upcoming merger, there are clear opportunities for career growth and even a path to become partner/principal.
Another key element that differentiates this firm from others is a meaningful work/life balance, even during busy tax seasons. We’ve found the owners to be gracious, sincere and very transparent. They are proud of the firm they have created and look forward to mentoring their successors.
- Prepare tax returns for all entity types, to be reviewed by supervisor
- Assist with bookkeeping functions for small business clients, including preparing bank reconciliations and providing adjusting journal entries
- Complete audit procedures under direction of supervisor for a variety of clients including for profit entities, not-for-profit entities, and employee benefit plans. Duties include performing testing procedures, making inquiries of management when necessary, preparing work papers to document procedures performed and substantiate conclusions reached, as well as assisting in the preparation of audit reports and financial statements.
- Perform review and compilation engagements
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a 4-year accredited university
- Minimum 1 year of public accounting experience; 2 or more years preferred
- CPA, or CPA candidate with plans for completing requirements for licensure
- Applicants are expected to be familiar with current tax law and GAAP.
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
The Location: The position will be located at their offices in west Mobile, Alabama. This is not a remote position. In order to develop as an individual and a team, it’s important to work as a team.
Travel: Local travel within Mobile County in own vehicle is required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Compensation: Position salary $65K+ commensurate with experience. The company also provides major medical health benefits and a 401K program and supplemental insurances. Paid time off (begins accruing with first pay period). Continuing education will be provided as suitable courses are available.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields