Our client is a well know brand in the luxury apartment construction and property management space here in central Ohio. Over the years, they have diversified their business into related sectors, and due to growth have asked us to help them hire a Senior Accountant for one of their divisions.
This is a great opportunity for broad based Accountant / Financial Analyst to head up accounting operations and financial reporting for a division of the company. The responsibilities are currently being split between the CFO and the Controller, but business has grown to where it requires full attention of the Sr. Accountant. The person hired for this role will report directly to the CFO and be coached by the CFO and Controller as they learn the business and acclimate to the role, and be ready as the division will double in revenue over the next year.
What makes this attractive over dozens of other similar positions?
- A growing, dynamic organization. While the core business is multifamily construction and property management (a booming market unto itself), executive leadership has an eye for diversification into complementary sectors.
- While this is not a manager role, it provides lead opportunities for right person as they will oversee an AP / AR person.
- Great work / life balance. Folks work hard, but rarely overtime or weekends. This stems from the executive leadership throughout the organization. It is not simply a practice but a philosophy.
- As you might guess, a very nice office environment with easy access to major arteries.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes 15 days PTO the first year (pro-rated), holidays (including floating), strong insurance benefits, 401k, etc.
- Company events. For example, last month everyone went canoeing. Photos indicate much fun was had!
- Broad based experience (3+ years) in accounting operations. Experience in a wide range of areas including GL / Chart of Accounts, Ledger entries, AP / AR, monthly close and reporting, year end reporting, bank reconciliations, cash management, journal adjustments, etc.
- Budget and forecasting analysis, including reporting monthly financial reporting to owners, management, and lenders on a timely basis
- Monthly filing of sales tax returns
- Strong experience with accounting (Quickbooks and similar) and financial analysis tools (strong Excel). Comfortable with software and able to learn and leverage tools.
- An aptitude for problem solving and a curious nature to proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred or equivalent work experience considered.
- Experience in real estate, construction, property management, or process manufacturing is a plus, but not required. The current accounting team came from other industries.
Free, easy parking and close to stores, restaurants, etc. Easy access to major arteries.
Curious if this right for you? Let us know for a confidential discussion.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields