Scientist I, Formulation R&D
Scientist II – Formulation RD
The purpose of the Scientist II, Formulation R&D is to support formulation development of new pharmaceutical products through pre-formulation, formulation development/formulation optimization, product development and scale-up activities. The incumbent will apply a solid understanding of theories/practices including those from other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise and concepts. The candidate will work under the direct supervision of more senior R&D scientists to plan, execute and manage product formulation projects. This role will ensure all SOPs and protocols are maintained and applied. This role will provide assistance and interpretation of project results to team members and other business unit personnel.
- With minimum supervision of the R&D Manager, plan and perform pre-formulation and formulation activities in the development and scale-up of formulations including parenteral (solutions and suspensions) and nasal spray products from bench top to pilot-scale to commercial production.
- Manufacture small scale laboratory batches to experiment with formulation creation or enhancements.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures. Write and review technical reports that summarize formulation development work and results, and protocols as required. Compile experimental data and author technical and product development reports.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment as needed.
- Performs assigned tasks which are needed to maintain the formulation laboratory. Such tasks may include ordering laboratory supplies, calibrating instruments and Hazmat duties.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in an expected timeframe.
- Document all experimental work neatly and correctly in a lab notebook in accordance with SOPs.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to research and development (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
- Maintain quality checks on safety of the laboratory, including biohazards and ensure maintenance of the facilities.
- Apply effective search strategies to conduct scientific literature searches and provide critical evaluations of the data.
- Provide peer review for test results and notebooks to ensure accurate documentation.
- Effectively interact with other scientists, project managers, and colleagues from numerous functions. Serve on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Effectively present results, communicate experimental difficulties and delays to management.
- Act as coach/mentor to junior scientists. May be sought out by other teams and individuals to offer technical advice.
- Effectively plan and delegate activities to meet critical timelines.
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation Chemistry or similar degree AND a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation Chemistry or similar degree AND a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields