We are looking for a Scheduler to join our client and aid our construction business in Atlanta, GA.
There are construction companies all over the United States where you can get a job. However, very few, if any can offer you a career as with one of the world’s largest construction and development companies. In 2021, our client generated over $17 billon globally, with over $6 billion in the U.S. They have over 7,000 employees in the U.S., with offices in 28 metro locations.
What we love most about our client is that at the heart of their business approach is a commitment to cultivating, fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the workplace and the communities where they are located and serve.
The Scheduler will support the Operations Department in the planning and scheduling of all phases of construction projects and will provide scheduling knowledge and expertise to help project teams in developing, managing, and analyzing their project schedules, while ensuring the scheduling practice on our projects meet or exceed scheduling standards. The position requires a knowledge of scheduling best practices and software. The scheduler should possess organizational and time management skills, strong communication and customer service skills. This position reports directly to the operations team and indirectly to the Senior Director of Scheduling.
- Independently oversees the implementation of the scheduling process on assigned projects, including developing proposal and baseline schedules, as well as managing and analyzing the schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work closely with project teams and different trade partners to ensure the schedules are developed and managed with collaboration, buy in and commitment from all project stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain control measures and key performance indicators for different project phases and activities, including design, procurement, construction and testing and commissioning. Those measures and indicators are utilized through our scheduling dashboard to implement process controls, measure projects performance, report on projects status, and ensure the integrity and validity of internally and externally disseminated schedule information;
- Identify and coordinate time and cost saving opportunities in the execution of the project, as well as any risk factors that would impact the schedule execution
- Provide assistance to project teams to analyze schedule impacts, claims and value engineering proposals to establish schedule implications;
- Represent company and/or project in scheduling meetings with owner, client representatives, and other contractors as required;
- Provide assistance to the senior director of scheduling by ensuring that corporate planning and scheduling standards are implemented on assigned projects and that all projects are in compliance
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients and establish customer-oriented output goals and benchmarks.
Scheduler Must Have Skills:
- Working proficiency in Primavera P6 Software;
- Resource and Cost loading knowledge;
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System;
- Understanding of Lean Principles and Last planner System
- Strong written, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Broad understanding of the Building construction industry;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- 5 years of related experience in Building Construction projects required.
Scheduler Compensation Highlights:
- Competitive Salary & Bonus
- Excellent insurance package
- Family-Focused Time Off Policy
- A culture focused on Diversity and Inclusion
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
Our client conducts business with a high degree of honesty, integrity, transparency and strives for an environment where everyone is free to bring their whole self to work each day. Through authentically embracing different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds, our client is creating a stronger and more innovative culture. More importantly, they are contributing to a sustainable and more equitable future for their people, customers and communities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields