SAP Platform Manager
The SAP Platform Owner will be responsible for ensuring the bank’s SAP platform becomes a central, reliable, and strategic platform to enable business functionality. This role will define and execute on a roadmap, be the focal point of contact in implementing, maintaining, and monitoring IT internal controls standards. Responsible for all resources and processes required to plan, design, develop, deliver and support properly engineered information services to stakeholders at all stages of the systems life cycle.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Own and drive all aspects of SAP platform success from ideation and platform vision to platform strategy, roadmap and delivery ensuring ongoing delight of both internal and external customers.
- Owner of the platform roadmap, working with multiple stakeholders (tech teams, business, and customers) to ensure alignment with the business strategy and customer needs.
- Define/Align the standards/tools/processes across SAP applications to deliver the best services.
- Define success indicators (leading and lagging) for new platform enhancements, pivoting when required to maximize value creation.
- Define a governance structure and lead the center for enablement (center of excellence).
- Lead a team and promote team effectiveness through strong organizational skills, handle increasing levels of responsibility.
- Operations Support, Troubleshooting, Incident Management & Escalation
- Take a broad business perspective when making decisions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide guidance to IT and Information Security teams on all items related to network operations.
- Maintain the SAP Platform at the highest level of performance and availability.
- Ensure SAP Platform meet SLAs and SLOs as defined.
- Oversee SAP monitoring and audit the health and availability of the SAP Platform.
- Report SAP outages affecting areas of the bank in an efficient and timely matter. Assist in troubleshooting complex issues. Liaisons with the Technology Incident Manager through resolution of issue.
- Oversee and advise on implementation of finance configuration changes.
- Support period-end closing.
- Evaluation/recommendation and implementation/support of new technologies.
- Work with 3rd party providers and SAP regarding support, fixes, patches, and upgrades.
- Advanced understanding of SAP Financial modules: FICO/GL, Group Reporting or BPC, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, FPSL or bank analyzer.
- Understanding of SAP architecture and componentry: HANA, BASIS, Fiori, Reporting (e.g. SAC and Analytics for Office), SAP Finance touchpoints to other SAP modules (e.g. FPSL).
- Familiarity with interfaces from SAP Finance with other non-SAP systems.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience in solution design and organizational design in the areas of CO-CCA, CO-PC- CO-P.
- Ability to manage third party suppliers and relationships.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Ability to translate complex, technical subjects into clear, business-oriented communications.
- Ability to work across diverse organizations and lead complex internal and external project teams.
- Ability to react appropriately during crisis situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional-level IT experience with SAP Finance, ideally S/4HANA version 2020 Release and ideally within the financial services industry.
- Experience with implementation of a medium to large scale SAP system.
- Experience in a large business system environment, performing business analysis, business development, and/or project systems management with a preferred focus on SAP finance solutions (new GL, AP, AR, FA, Treasury, BPC, FSCM) and CO (CCA, PCA, PA, IO, PS).
- Has managed or lead operations of SAP platforms.
- Functional and/or technical experience in supporting SAP global systems including knowledge of data flows, processes, and best practices.
- Experience managing SAP projects or work streams and project-based team members.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields