As a State and Local Manager, responsibilities include technical review of complex state and local returns. Displaying the ability to efficiently take tasks from beginning to end, providing recommendations for improving client results, and applying creative tax ideas to enhance client development and growth while managing multiple client engagements in various industries and delivering exceptional client service.
- Research state tax issues, including nexus determinations, taxability analyses, and quantification of potential liabilities.
- Review state and local tax returns and filings for C-corporations, S-corporations, and partnerships.
- Perform state tax planning and consulting, including estimates, projections, and assistance with /notices from state taxing authorities.
- Work with multi-state companies to guide state and local tax controversies, research, and prepare written protests.
- Utilize analytical skills on state compliance issues such as apportionment and state modifications.
- Assist with state implications of tax legislation.
- Prepare ruling requests and respond to state and local tax notices.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Master’s in Tax preferred
- CPA or JD
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting with experience reviewing and managing business and individual income tax returns working for a public accounting firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage client engagements and relationships.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, highly demanding work environment with multiple evolving priorities.
- Independent problem-solving, strategic & creative thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields