Sales Representative – Northwest
$70,000 - $90,000 / yr
Be a part of an organization, with a dynamic leadership team that truly values and appreciates the people that work there. Due to growth in their business, they need to add an Outside Sales for the Northwest of the U.S. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Utah) You must live in the territory and be near a larger airport. This is a B2B sales role, representing coated paper products.
Company – A major player in the paper and packaging industry!
- The average tenure of their sales team is 17 years. They take good care of their people.
- This is a growing 30 plant organization with over 4,200 team members.
- This division’s main plant has 300 staff members and is currently going through a $100 million expansion.
- This is a 3rd generation, privately held company.
- Outstanding culture focused on safety and the growth of the individual.
Benefits and Features – They truly VALUE and APPRECIATE their employees!
- EXCELLENT Benefits and Compensation Plan with 4% Employer match on 401K, Health, Vision, Dental, Employee Assistance Program, and Life and Disability Insurances.
- Strong upside commission structure
- Discretionary additional contribution to 401K have been paid out since 2008 between 4% and 6%.
- Discretionary bonus
- Company car
- Work/Life Balance – when you take a vacation, you get to take a REAL vacation and not a working vacation where you are tethered to your laptop and email. Your team has your back!
- Culture of continuous improvement where team members have a voice and good ideas are appreciated from all levels of the organization.
- Work from home when not traveling
What you will be doing
- Meet financial goals: Sales dollars, volume, profit as defined by manager.
- Manage sales volume with existing customers while emphasizing volume growth and profitability of territory through new customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer’s organization, processes, suppliers, and end user.
- Understand and communicate strategic products.
- Coordinate company resources and facilitate multilevel and cross-business efforts.
- Travel to customers’ locations and determine solutions to meet their needs and grow profitable business volume with them.
- Prospect potential customers via phone or in-plant visits to discuss opportunities that may lead to profitable new account business.
- Complete general paperwork and administrative tasks associated with sales.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training, reviewing professional publications, and establishing a professional network.
- Assist and support the Regional Sales Manager.
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or relevant field.
- Must have 3+ years of sales experience doing B2B sales for a manufacturer of at least $40 million annual sales. Paper products experience is a plus.
- Strong computer, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have strong prior sales training.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Open to travel, averaging 10-14 nights per month.
- Open to entertaining customers during and after normal work hours.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields