Our drive and control, industrial automation technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in industrial machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future. Join us and help set the world in motion!
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong desire to win? Are you someone who is motivated by the accomplishment of expanding our products into target accounts and driving new business across all of our Factory Automation product lines? Our Sales Engineer develops comprehensive account strategies to drive specifications of Assembly Technology, Tightening, Linear Technology, Industrial Hydraulic, Electronic Drives and Control, Track Systems and Conveyance technologies products at assigned accounts and at new customer acquisition in the Florida territory. You must possess excellent prospecting, account management, and account acquisition skills will be essential to the success of this position.
- Develop comprehensive strategy for each account with focus to foster strong, long-term relationships, while identifying current and future projects and broadening our current scope of business
- Drive the specification process for Industrial Automation Technologies at OEM and End User accounts in a variety of industries
- Identify key stakeholders and decision makers at the key account level and engage accordingly.
- Must be comfortable engaging and interacting with executive management, senior engineering, and technical personnel, as well as Procurement and Manufacturing personnel
- Cooperate and collaborate with other team members, including our distribution partners or system integrators where applicable, to increase our present market share at these strategic accounts
- Determine the market potential by product family for each Strategic Account
- Prepare an annual forecast and maintain monthly or quarterly rolling forecast for assigned accounts
- Negotiate specifications, pricing, and supplier contracts on behalf of the company
- Leverage all resources including Application Engineering, Technical Support, Product Management and Executive Management to accelerate sales growth
- Identify main competitors, their strengths and weakness, while developing a comprehensive sales growth strategy
- Provide input to Product Management for any necessary product modifications or potential new product features and development
- Work with Marketing to develop sales tools and promotional strategies. Attend industry tradeshows
- Provide regular reporting through the use of CRM for account activity, opportunities, quotations, account development, etc.
- Provide reports, as required, in a timely fashion (i.e., expense reports, business plans, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 60% in the assigned territory (Florida) with some periodic out of region travel. Travel maybe same day or overnight travel.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in technical area such as Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics preferred. Equivalent Industry experience accepted in place of a degree.
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience and proven track record of success in Industrial Automation, Material Handling, Motion Control, or related field
- 5+ Years of prior Business Development, Key Account Management or Technical Sales experience required
- Ability to understand and discuss 3D models, CAD drawings and circuit diagrams
- Skilled in creation and presentation of compelling value propositions
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Positive attitude and responsiveness toward customers
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields