safety manager who is responsible for supporting the VP of EH&S in ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements at our site. The coordinator will drive consistency throughout the organization and interface with governmental regulatory agencies. They will lead investigations into EH&S incidents, prepare reports, and follow up on corrective actions. Additionally, the coordinator will analyze health and safety metrics, generate reports, and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Support the VP of EH&S to ensure all plans and procedures comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Interface with governmental regulatory agencies during compliance and enforcement inspections.
- Incident Investigation and Reporting:
- Lead investigations into EH&S incidents, identifying root causes.
- Prepare incident investigation reports and ensure timely completion of corrective actions.
- Report findings, resolutions, and improvement plans to senior leadership.
- Health and Safety Analysis:
- Analyze health and safety performance metrics and prepare reports.
- Provide recommendations to senior management based on analysis results.
- Program Development and Evaluation:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate corporate health, safety, and security programs at the Reading site.
- Collaborate with site management, plant manager, HR, and EHS team members to ensure policy implementation and adequate employee training.
- Conduct on-site and virtual assessments of programs and make improvement recommendations.
- Audit Strategy and Corrective Measures:
- Develop a comprehensive audit strategy to identify program gaps.
- Work with leadership at all levels to identify and implement corrective measures.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health & Safety (graduate degree preferred).
- Steel manufacturing experience a must
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in multi-site or business-level EH&S, preferably in a metals or similar industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex EH&S projects and project teams.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and applicable federal, state, and local health and safety laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and collaborate with team members and stakeholders across the organization
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields