New York, NY
$130,000 - $150,000 / yr
Our client is looking for an experienced Safety Manager to manage the safety program at a large power generation plant located in NYC. They will be responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Safety programs and processes at the plant. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Lead compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) management.
· Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
· Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
· Provide assistance and advice on Safety issues and make recommendations to plant management.
· Assist in the development and presentation of relevant Safety training
· Follows Safety regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
· Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and union employees, as well as regulatory agencies.
Plant Specific Responsibilities (but Not Limited To)
· Walk the operating areas on a regular basis to establish EH&S presence and provide support.
· Conduct daily, weekly and monthly Safety Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
· Write, implement, and manage Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures
· Perform plant Safety Inspections
· Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
· Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EH&S policies and procedures.
· Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
· Assisting to develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
· Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, etc.
· BS Degree
· Minimum of 5-year experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position in a manufacturing, construction or utility environment
· Experience working in a unionized environment
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields