The Safety Manager, you will:
- Implement and coordinate the safety program for the operation, and monitor work processes and procedures to drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Facilitate training for all personnel on safety processes and practices, new initiatives and injury and accident avoidance.
- Perform internal audits to identify non-compliance, hazardous conditions & unsafe behaviors; audit scope includes processes, facilities and equipment. Conduct site safety audits as necessary
- Manage plant’s environmental and safety reporting including regulatory OSHA, EPA, reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Administer and monitor Behavior Based Safety initiatives. Serve as the champion for changing and fostering a robust safety culture.
- Facilitate two-way communication with leadership & employees, regarding safety performance, incidents, and other related information.
- Manage improvement opportunities & any non-compliance issues from concept through conclusion.
- Perform accidents/incidents investigations and facilitates the development of root cause corrections.
- Conduct hazard assessment, including identification of hazards and corrective action plans.
- Implement environmental solutions and drive changes in manufacturing processes / systems that lead to reduction in environmental waste streams.
- Lead investigations on any environmental non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational issues.
- Provide project support for corporate EH&S initiatives.
- Manage the plant’s safety and industrial hygiene programs and ensure compliance with internal and external safety and health regulations and policies.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Management, Engineering, or closely related field (or equivalent years of relevant work experience)
- 5+ years’ experience working in an EHS capacity, including experience leading/supporting environmental and safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience with permit administration and management, including Title V and Air permit experience.
- Ability and comfort developing and delivering EH&S training (BBS preferred)
- Background and expertise in EHS recordkeeping, reporting, and compliance
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis to identify safety issues.
- 3+ years of Workers’ Compensation management.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields