Los Angeles, CA
Back To Job Board
Back To Job Board
Manage the development, maintenance, and application of safety related policies and programs. Maintained compliance with DOSH and OSHA regulations related to fabrication facilities and jobsites. Collaborates with management, shop personnel, and field personnel to promote a safe working environment.
Creating an environment of education, mentorship, and empowerment to promote employee engagement in the safety culture.
Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive safety and health programs.
Provides team members with guidance on health and safety and confirm shop facilities and project sites fulfill industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
Leads the development and proper documentation of safety inspection activities, reports and correspondence for rigging, tailgate topics, safety meetings, etc.
Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections in conjunction with departmental superintendents to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
Maintains all records related to OSHA compliance and submits as required.
Manages workers comp and vehicle claims.
Manages return to work/restricted duty program along with departmental superintendent.
Leads incident investigations along with departmental superintendents on an as needed basis.
Manages hazard assessment activities by conducting and/or supervising safety inspections in conjunction with departmental superintendents on an as needed basis.
Records and tracks “leading indicators” for near miss incidents.
Help create standard operating procedures including following, but not limited to shop machinery, field equipment, and the prevention of COVID-19
Provide equipment and vendor suggestions to department superintendents for their safety equipment purchases.
Develops annual plans and budgets for safety and health initiatives, including training.
- Responsible for the development and clear articulation of the safety vision, objectives, policies, and procedures in order to build a best-in-class safety culture.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies, and procedures.
- Ensures safety and health training meets the needs of internal and external (client and regulating entities) requirements, so team members can safety perform job functions.
- Communication: Must be an effective communicator, generating professional written material and delivering effective verbal presentations.
- Leadership: Motivate team members and encourage them to work together to achieve a safe working environment in the office, shop, and field.
- Organization: Able to manage many tasks and keep track of many different pieces of information at the same time. Make sure team safety needs are being met.
- Problem Solving: Identify safety issues, develop solutions, and implement them.
- Decision-making: Make decisions that are in the best interest of the company, team members, and project. Make decisions quickly and confidently that are consistent with the goals of the company.
Technical Skills: ProCore, Bluebeam, Smartsheet, Sage 300, MS Office Suite
OSHA 500 and/or OSHA 510 training
Minimum ten years’ experience in construction industry and safety management.
Minimum five years’ experience in managing & leading a structured safety program.
In depth technical knowledge of construction topics related to OSHA, federal, state, and local regulatory standards, and the ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement effective corrective practices.
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in safety, Health, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields