Roadway Superintendent – Earthwork
$90,000 - $115,000 / yr
The Superintendent is responsible for meeting production goals by effectively managing multiple foremen, subcontractors, equipment, and maintaining safety standards. Assists project management in the supervision of foremen and employees. Manage and direct multiple foreman, equipment, and subcontractors to meet production goals and ensure operation is safe.
- Create plans and reports which will be used to update schedules.
- Create work plans and create 2-week schedule look-aheads.
- Set and meet production goals.
- Communicate plan, safety, and schedule at weekly meetings.
- Know plans and specifications well enough to teach and train others.
- Operation/method analysis; always look for more efficient and safer ways to perform tasks.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with owners, clients, managers, and other employees.
- Ensure good housekeeping/work area, truck, and trailer.
- Understand daily cost / monthly and cost reports and projections.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3+ years previous recent heavy highway, road, and bridge construction experience
- Medium to large heavy highway, road, and bridge project experience ($10M+) is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Experience in Mobile Timecard is a plus.
- Must be capable, licensed, and approved to drive a company pick-up truck or similar vehicle to work sites, offices, and other locations as required to perform job duties.
- Have experience/knowledge of working around existing utilities/utility locates.
- Knows soil mechanics and materials.
- Knowledge of load charts and rigging. Be able to identify changes in scope.
- Survey knowledge and exposure to technical survey systems such as GPS and robotics.
- Effective earthwork equipment utilization. Earthwork equipment operating knowledge and possess the ability to train employees.
- Cement and lime stabilization knowledge and experience.
- Ability to create a plan for positive drainage for the site.
- Understand dirt flow/mass haul on large-scale projects.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields