Reliability and Maintenance Engineer
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the plant preventative maintenance program and providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and reliability. This position is expected to interact with all plant personnel to identify, develop, and manage improvement projects. To effectively schedule plant maintenance personnel, contractors and vendors to keep plant equipment operating efficiently and to keep projects moving on time and within budget, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution.
- Design and manage plant predictive & preventive maintenance systems and guide others through utilization.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues.
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to evaluate job needs and coordinate resources to complete high priority work and schedule lower priority work.
- Plan and manage process unit and boiler turnarounds, including controlling costs, contractor safety, and environmental concerns.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Manage RFC (Request for Change) project related to Maintenance work.
- Estimate costs and obtain competitive quotes for major maintenance jobs.
- Manage assigned Capital Projects and contribute to the development of the site capital budget. Recommend projects and/or studies to Engineering to support overall plant reliability
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Assist Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
BS ME and 2 + years of experience in a processing environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields