Registered Nurse (RN)
New Orleans, LA
$30 - $38
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) in a nursing home is responsible for providing high-quality medical care to residents, ensuring their safety, and promoting their emotional and physical well-being. This individual will work closely with a multidisciplinary team, including doctors, therapists, nursing assistants, and other healthcare professionals, to ensure comprehensive care for all residents.
We have days and nights available, this is a full time position.
- Assess residents’ health needs by conducting routine evaluations and monitoring vital signs.
- Administer medications as prescribed and monitor for side effects or adverse reactions.
- Provide wound care, pain management, and other necessary interventions.
- Operate medical equipment, including glucose monitors, blood pressure machines, and nebulizers.
- Maintain accurate records of residents’ medical histories, treatments, and any changes in health status.
- Document all administered medications and treatments in residents’ medical records.
- Update care plans as needed.
- Collaborate with physicians, therapists, and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement individualized care plans.
- Communicate regularly with residents and their families about care plans, health changes, and any concerns.
- Guide and instruct Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) in their daily tasks, ensuring proper care delivery.
Safety and Compliance
- Adhere to infection control protocols and ensure cleanliness and sanitation within the facility.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to nursing home care.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and continuing education to remain updated on best practices and new research.
- Advocate for residents’ rights and needs, ensuring they are respected and addressed.
- Address any concerns or complaints raised by residents or their families promptly and professionally.
- Act promptly in emergency situations, providing immediate care and coordinating with emergency services if necessary.
- Participate in disaster response plans and drills.
- Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Louisiana.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification, with ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) as a plus.
- Strong clinical skills with the ability to respond swiftly and accurately to changes in patient condition.
- Compassionate and patient-centered approach with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) systems and proficient in computer applications.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Physically able to perform job responsibilities, including lifting and transferring residents as needed.
Registered Nurses in a nursing home typically work in indoor environments but might need to move frequently between various rooms and units of the facility. The role might require standing for extended periods, bending, lifting, and assisting residents with their daily activities. Regular interaction with residents, their families, and other staff is expected.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields